Sunday, August 9, 2009

Garden report

I can't say I'm thrilled about the garden's progress right now. Perhaps it's the cooler, rainy summer we've had here, but the tomatoes and peppers are about a month behind in development.

My Early Girl has produced 1 tiny ripe tomato so far; not much going on otherwise. That's usually a very reliable producer. My Roma has finally set a fair amount of fruit, which is growing quickly. The other two are still stuck at the tiny fruit stage.


Same with the peppers ... I have one decent-sized one, and a tiny one. The others just have tiny fruits.


The beans have slowed, too, but are still producing ...


If we have a hot late summer-early fall, things may even out. I'll just have to be patient.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Our Early girl is late producing as well DW. The one that we have gotten the most ripe tomatoes from is a new one for us "StarFire".

I don't think I am going to get many eggplants this year, they are way behind and need hotter weather than what we have been getting.

God bless.