Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Use it up: Painting

There's been some painting going on at the casa de chaos .... we (OK, I really mean DH) have been tackling the half bath.

Rather than buy paint, we decided to use what was on hand. An off-white (which I bought too much of anyway) made a good base coat. Another half-gallon of white mixed with the same amount of light green made a lighter green, which works well in the small space.


We also have plenty of semi-gloss for the woodwork. (I'd purchased a gallon at the paint store's last sale, with the plan of redoing kitchen woodwork at some point.)


We even had a couple of brushes and rollers handy.


I will have to buy a couple of foam brushes to handle the woodwork. But the total OOP for this project -- should be less than $5.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a great way to use up the extra paint.

Hmmmm, it is almost time to repaint the kitchen and hallway...wonder what leftover paint I have.

God bless.e