Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reclamation project

I've had to delve into shoe repair. I have a pair of inexpensive canvas sandals that were in reasonably good shape, except the right sandal's heel had broken down -- from the inside.

The plastic base had turned to bits. (Apparently I can't kick box in these, LOL


To be honest, I would have just purchased a new pair. But the store doesn't carry them anymore. And I couldn't find a suitable replacement. So...
I pulled up the insole and cleaned out all the plastic bits. Then I cut a couple of pieces of foam and glued them into the heel. When that dried, I glued the insole to the foam. Voila!
In retrospect, I should have used a thicker foam, since it squishes down under weight. But so far, it's holding up.

No comments: