Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden report

It's Mulberry Madness here at the casa de chaos. The total so far from our tree is about 2.5 gallons. This is supposed to be an off year for fruit production ... actually, this means I pick berries every other day.

I've used some of the crop so far: Mulberry muffins, mulberry bread, and some cooked with a fresh peach to create an ice-cream topping.


Otherwise, my Early Girl tomatoes are setting fruit, as are a couple of bell pepper plants. The bean plants are growing tall, but no flowers as yet.


It's been an unusual June so far -- we've had buckets of rain. Good in that I haven't had to water much. Bad in that a garden can get too much rain.


We have, however, been able to collect a good amount of rainwater, which is being stored in containers for when we do hit that dry spell. But I do have to find more containers!

No comments: