Friday, May 15, 2009

Luck of the Irish?

No garden report right now .. it's been raining buckets, so I'm letting things dry out a bit.

So instead, I'll do some bargain bragging...

I think I scored the mother of all meat deals at Aldi. Was passing by the meat case when a big sign caught my eye: Red label only, $5 off ticket price.

The red label was point cut corned beef! (normally $1.99 a pound, a day off last date of sale.) I started looking at cuts: $8, $7.50 ... ah.. $6.27, then $4.44. So I took the less-expensive two. The manager happened to be manning the checkout, and I asked, "If the price is $5 off, how much for this one at $4.44?"

"50 cents," he said. Sold.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow, what great buys on your corned beef! I envy you your Aldi's. Wonder if they plan on coming to Canada any time soon.

God bless.