Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Keep those receipts

My public service message of the day ;)

If you have anything ( a small appliance, CFL bulbs, etc.) with a warranty or a replacement guarantee, here's a good way to keep track:

Set up a folder that you can keep with your other important papers. When you get the item, save the part of the packaging that lists the company's name and the guarantee. Keeping a UPC code could be helpful too. Staple the receipt (or a copy of the receipt) and stash it in the folder. Should the item die before it's time, you have the company's address and proof of purchase so you can stake your claim.

I mention this because I forgot to do it.

Since March, we've lost 2 CFL bulbs that we bought in 2006. I've been held up on getting a replacement because I couldn't find the $%!&*!! receipt. Spurred by the failure of bulb No. 3, we staged another hunt, and finally came up with the receipt. Now I get to chat with the company ...

2 comments:

robin@heartofwisdom.com said...

Good Ideas...I do okay with larger things. But you are right...I also keep original boxes for the 30 day return period..

I love your blog. Nice Job!

I would love for you to come and visit me and see the benefits of using an MP3 player for storytime for children.

See you there!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

Grammy said...

Great Ideal. I loose my thing all the time now. In my old house I was lucky enough to have a drawer for them.