Saturday, October 18, 2008

Garden's last hurrah


Some of Saturday's forecasts called for a light frost, so I decided to take some precautions.
I picked off the riper tomatoes and peppers, then covered the pepper plants with plastic bags. (which looks mighty strange, I tell you.)
I still have a couple dozen green tomatoes on the vine .. I'm hoping they're covered by enough foliage to withstand any light frost. Temps next week are supposed to be in the 60s, so I'd like to keep them on the vine, and in the sun, for as long as possible.
After that I picked what will be the last harvest of green beans. I didn't bother to pull up the plants .. I'll wait until after the colder weather kills them off.
Of course, the bucket of tomatoes and peppers means I have some kitchen work to do!

No comments: