Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who am I and what am I doing here?


I know, another frugality/living below your means blog.
Yep.
But stay with me. Life here at the D&W household (also known as the Casa de Chaos) is a bit different that those in the usual family/frugality blog.
So, who am I? A middle aged (gulp) woman in a double income, no-kids marriage. By many measurements, we should be home free. And we have been blessed: We pay the bills, get an occasional treat, and indulge our yen for travel.
But there are storm clouds on the horizon: Rising costs are squeezing our paychecks, and the raises just don't keep up. Add to that nagging worry that either or both jobs could go away at any time.
Then there's that retirement thing: Somewhere in the middle of my career, some joker kicked two of the legs out of the "3-legged stool" that was supposed to fund those non-working years.
So how to cope, or at least stay even? A lot of dodging and weaving, friends.
Want to join me on the journey?

1 comment:

Minda said...

Welcome to the blog world! I can relate. My hubby and I are childfree with two incomes but I still try to do what I can to keep costs down. I look forward to reading!